- Postdoctoral Researchers (Early Intervention): Juniper Gardens Children’s Project (JGCP) is recruiting 2 postdoctoral researchers interested in developing expertise in designing, implementing and disseminating research carried out while developing evidence-based practices with community partners focused on early intervention, early care, and early education settings. The postdoctoral position is a full-time (100% FTE), 2 years, research-dedicated fellowship. Postdoctoral researchers will learn and develop new advances in the prevention and intervention of learning and behavior problems in young children. For more information and to apply online, click here. KU is an EO/AAE.
- Student Hourly (Data Collectors): Juniper Gardens Children’s Project, a community-based research institute affiliated with the University of Kansas, is conducting a research program aimed at evaluating how a Practice Based Coaching model (Literacy 3D) can be used to enhance the literacy focus of early childhood (EC) teachers through data-driven decision making and strategies that boost children’s opportunities to respond in literacy activities. We are seeking 4-10 student hourly employees who will be responsible for data collection activities with preschool students and teachers, including administering literacy assessments to children, observing classroom instruction and interactions, and assisting in the preparation and delivery of data reports in the Kansas City Metro, as well as data management and entry at our offices in downtown Kansas City, KS. For more information and to apply online, click here. KU is an EO/AAE.
- Assistant/Associate Research Professor - Statistician: The KU Life Span Institute at Juniper Gardens is seeking to hire an Assistant or Associate Research Professor with statistical skills to work in a team environment on a range of educational and applied research projects. For more information and to apply, click here. KU is an EO/AAE
- Anna Wallisch named the 2018 Vance and Marilyn Hall Graduate Student Research Award Winner
- Dr. Brian Boyd joins Juniper Gardens Children's Project as New Director
- Project training preschool teachers to boost kids' literacy expands to more classrooms
- Juniper Gardens Children's Project is awarded $7.5M in grants to promote high-quality early education
- Judy Carta receives the 2017 Higuchi-KU Endowment Research Achievement Award
- Kathy Thiemann-Bourque receives the 2016 Friends of LSI Research Achievement Award
- Greater Kansas City Early Care and Education Study in Jackson County, Missouri report focusing on who is accessing early care services, what services are being accessed, and information about who is providing those services.