- Evidence-based naturalistic language practices for promoting the communication of infants and toddlers.
- Intervention with child care providers, teachers and parents to bridge the word gap.
- Progress monitoring assessment and observation practices with infants and young children.
- Measuring fidelity of intervention implementation.
- H327S140024 - Buzhardt (PI), Greenwood, C. (CoPI), and Walker, D. (CoPI) - 09-01/14-08/31/19 - Stepping Up - Implementation of IGDI technology to improve data-based decision making for infants and toddlers with or at-risk disabilities. Website
- H326M070005 - Walker (PI) Atwater and Bigelow (CoPI's) - 01/01/08-12/31/12 - Center for Promoting Language & Literacy Readiness in Early Childhood
- United Way of Wyandotte County (KCCTF) - Walker (PI) - 01/01/12-12/31/12 -Talk, Read, Play: Impact of a Collaborative Informational Campaign - website
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment (HRSA) - Walker (CoPI) Bigelow (PI) - 09/30/11-09/29/15 - Kansas Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program
- R62MC24946 - Walker (CoPI) Bigelow (PI) - 09/01/12-08/31/15 - Project Engage: Building Parents’ Capacity to Improve Child Language Outcomes
- Walker (PI) Buzhardt (CoPI) - Developing and Testing a Model for the Use of Meaningful Outcome Measures for Infants and Toddlers - Website